Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mom


We started off Mother's Day a little early and on Saturday all us girls went to see Maid of Honor which we all loved and then went shopping. It was a fun day and I think each of us needed it. It had been awhile with just us five girls. We had a fun time.
I believe my mom had a good Mother's Day. She only text me about five times to tell me she did, therefore I hope she was telling the truth. We started off Mother's Day with coming over and making her breakfast. We made (mostly Joey, Rodg, and I) scrambled eggs, roll-up pancakes, and some fresh fruit. It was really good and a fun memory. As we were sitting around the table I mentioned I thought we should each say something we loved about mom. I'll try and remember what everyone said.
Chelsea-How she cares so much for her girls and will do anything for them.
Joey-How when one of his friends sees her they say, "Wow, you have a hot Mother-In-Law. But his other real answer was how good she is with his kids.
Rodger-How she always had made him feel welcome-from the start of our relationship, he's always felt welcomed.
Me-Her sense of humor and how much she loves us girls no matter what.
Lindsey-Her rules, even though she complains about them, she loves that she has them because they help her.
Ashley-How whenever she does anything weird or different, she always says "What other mother would do this?"
It was a fun little conversation that we had. Then my mom went around and said her favorite memory about each of us and I don't want to get those wrong so I'll leave that part out. As for her gifts that she completely deserves, Chels and Joe got her a very cute shirt and some earrings. Rodger and I got her a jar full of bubble gum, some colorful dish rags, and the movie: P.S. WE Love You. Ash and Linds got her some lotion, cream, and perfume of her favorite scent. I hope you had a great day mom because you truly deserved it.

7 comments:

Joan said...

you spelled perfume wrong! :)
love linds!

Joan said...

Thanks Cortney. I loved my Mother's Day. The best part, is yes, when we all sat down to eat. I loved telling what my favorite thing was about each of you. The most interesting comment was that of Joeys. He said that he loves how, even though our family is disfunctional, how I can always stay claim and pull it all together. Hilarious! (To Joey's defense, we did talk about how every family is a little disfunctional). I'm the luckiest mom in the world and have the greatest kids ever. I honestly couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks for a great day!

Chelsea Covington said...

Cort, you spelled my name wrong.

Mom, you spelled calm as claim...

Nerds...jk, glad we had a fun day.

Jessica said...

Cute post Cort. That was a good idea to go around and say what you like about her. You do have a great mom.

Cortney said...

There I changed my spelling mistakes. Hope you both are happy, at least I have a blog.

Jacki said...

And a dang good blog it is!! You do a great job and have a wonderful Mother!!! Love you Aunt Jack

Darla said...

That's so great that you guys have a good relationship with your mom. How wonderful for her to know and feel that from all of you!!