Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fish Lake....Or So They Say

We went camping with Rodger's family over this weekend. We left Friday afternoon after my cousins wedding. Congratulations to Tyler and Jessica, I wish them the best. We got picked up in SLC and headed for Fish Lake. Rodger went there many many years ago when he was a little boy and has always wanted to go back. It's about 2 hours and 45 minutes away. It's really hot in the day and freezing at night.
The Lake
Our house for the next few days.

Best purchase we've ever made. Precisely $40 bucks @ Walmart. Rodger says he's never slept better while camping. I say it's because I was right there beside him :).
Waiting for SOMETHING, ANYTHING, and also getting sunburned.
We caught nothing, except everyone even Jamie, Rodger's little sister all caught a small little Perch which they just let go. Although a nice old fisherman gave us 2 trouts and they were delicious, thanks to chef Rodger. Luckily he did because we didn't plan anything else for dinner.
We both couldn't wait to get home and showered, there's nothing I hate more than being dirty. We had a great time and hopefully next time we go we have better luck. P.S. Rodger wouldn't smile in the picture, I tried many times but this is what I got.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Funny post Cort. Sounds like you guys had fun despite the lack of fish.

Cam said...

I love Fish Lake. My grandma has a little house down in the valley about 20 miles west of Fish Lake that we stay at. My dad's cousin caught a 28lb. something down there last summer but my luck was much the same as yours.

Cam said...

whoops, I meant 28 inch fish not 28lb.

Anonymous said...

I love the Pictures, you guys are so stinnking cute. You are one crazy girl, one minute you are camping the next your a supermodel. Love ya girl, you look great.

Ben and Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun camping! Um next summer lets go camping sometime! I love all your pics! I can't wait to see you guys Friday it's going to be tons of fun!!!!