Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!



Rodger and I woke up and went to my mom's for a lovely breakfast.
My yummy cake my mom got from Baskin Robbin's.
Click on the blue question mark to view the picture.  I took it from my aunt's blog and some reason it didn't work. 
Two days later I received another present.......but not a good one.
At our Tuesday Softball Game, I was at second base. Here comes a grounder, I'm thinking in my head, "Oh, I've got this one."  It's perfectly coming right for my mitt, then suddenly takes a bad turn and hits me right in my face.  It felt like a basketball hit me in the face, but much worse.  It was all such a blur and still is.
Rodger says I just look so sad.  I think I look awful.  I'm sick of the pain and the way I look.  Although I've always wanted a black eye:)
Pretty, I know.  I can't believe I'm even showing these....but oh well.
Buttons (aka: Chelsea) has been so caring through this whole thing and worrying TOO MUCH.  She got me some Get Well balloons and some candy.  Thanks Chels, I love you. It hurts to smile, or else I would to try and make myself look some what better.
I just received some flowers at home from my work, they are beautiful.

I went to the ER that night it happened.  Rodger was nervous he thought he would have to answer some questions because they might have thought it was abuse.  Silly boy.  At least we had matching softball shirts and my mom was there.  They did some X-Rays and I have a broken nose.  I'm happy because it's the best kind of broken nose you can get.  We were worried about my eye because where it hit me is my "good" eye.  My left eye I am legally blind out of.  My eye doesn't look good, but it is fine.  It's been quite the process, I just want it to be over with, but I'll live.
Happy Birthday to Me!!!

5 comments:

Ju and Brack said...

Cort holy crap! I'm so sorry about the softball situation! I can't believe that happened. I'm glad you are somewhat okay though. I hope you had a good birthday too!!

Jessica said...

Oh Cort, I am so sorry!!! You are already looking much better than the other night, at least I can see your eye. Hope you continue to get better.

Chelsea Covington said...

I know, I do get a little too concerned sometimes. I just hate it. Everytime I re-play what happened I get overwhelmed with anxiety all over again. I'm just glad you're okay. Love you!

Ben and Lindsay said...

Cort! Oh my goodness I am so sorry! I mean I have to say that I am a little jeolous, I have always wanted one too! I am glad that you are ok! and that your nose is not worse! But happy Birthday Big 21!

It all began here said...

Cort,
Oh man, your dad told me the other day about your accident. I remember all to well how it is to be all black, blue, yellow and green. Everyday it's a surprise to see what color will be displayed on your face.

I'm glad your ok, and someday you will be glad to have the pictures. I look back at my pictures from my accident and I am glad I have them.

Hope your feeling better soon!