Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Blast from the Past

A few nights ago I digged around and found my journal. I don't know why I wanted to find it, I just did. I was busting up laughing at how fantastic I truly was. I wanted to share this certain part because I think it's of some importance.

I was talking about how I really wanted to be in High School, I wanted to drive, I wanted to start dating, things like that. This next little bit is taken right from my journal.

July 20, 2003:"Yes, I do like someone, Rodger Jessop. I have for quite some time now, a little on and off, but not really. I just can't stop liking him. I'd really like to keep it a secret cause my friends just make fun of me cause you should see him. Long shaggy hair, used to be blonde, dyed it black, hopefully he'll dye it back. Um...he's just really cute. Funny, nice, you should see him with Jamie-little sister-so cute with her! I just really like him and can't stop thinking about him. I'll probably never get a chance because we are so different, but I'll never know."


*There are a few more journal entries in between these two, but not much. They just talk about my 2003 Summer days (laying out by the pool, watching Trading Spaces & While You Were Out, hanging out with friends), how my sisters are rude to me, especially Chelsea, and more of how I like Rodger) .


November 29, 2003: "Wow! Time sure changes. So Rodger takes me to school everyday. It was like 3-4 weeks into school and Rodger's friend was talking to my friend and told her that Rodger likes me and has for awhile! I was in such a good mood. So Gabrielle (my friend) was all like-really?! Cortney likes him too! Has forever. So of course he eventually finds outs and yes, he's my boyfriend! So my dream came true. On October 11, 2003 was my first "real" kiss with a boy I like. Hee. It was just a little peck-nothing else. A few weeks later he came in to kiss me and this time it was some tongue! (I can't believe I'm actually writing this, but it's priceless) I kinda pulled back cause I had been sick and didn't want him to get sick. He has a tongue ring. He took it out the next day, I bet it's because he thought I wouldn't kiss him. But ok-I really like Rodger. He's so fun to be around, so nice to me and everyone-I just like him a lot. It's weird because I know 99.9% of high school relationships never work out, but for some reason, I feel like I'm going to be one of those lucky ones. Anyways, I'm tired. Night. Love, Me."


Ok, enough of the journal. I totally forgot I had written all this stuff in my journal. I'm so glad I did. There is so much more to it, but I won't go into any more detail. I love the way Rodger and I met. We truly are High School Sweethearts!


Just look at that BLACK HAIR.


Would you even consider to hook us up?

Well it happed:0)
March of 2004-About the time he first told me he LOVED me. And oh how I loved him. Yes, we were young, so very young, but who cares. We loved each other, right?

10 comments:

Chelsea Covington said...

Was I really that rude? Sorry, at least you're like one of my best friends now! Love you!

Jacki said...

That brought a tear to my eye!!! I'm so glad that you "Hooked" up, you both are sooo stinking cute! You were made for each other!! Tell Rodger that this is the first time I have seen him with black hair and the last if I have anything to say about it!! Love you both!

The Muhlesteins said...

That is so funny, I remember those good old days. Crazy how things work out huh? Remember how those bottlecap belts were so in..and I remember wearing that red shirt many times, even though it was way too short on me.

Hahn's said...

That has to be the cutest story ever!

Chris and Brooklyn said...

Very sweet post. loved it!!

Jen and Jason said...

That is a great love story. I bet you are so thankful that you wrote those things in your journal.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cortney, I just saw your guys' blog from Brooklyn. That was the cutest post I've ever read! Journal entries are the best and the fact that yours came true is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

cortney that is so stinkin cute! i loved the post. I remember rodgers hair being dark, it is so crazy to think you are now married and enjoying life!!

It all began here said...

Happy Anniversary Cort!

Ben and Lindsay said...

I love it!!! Ha I forgot Rodg with his black hair! I love how you recorded everything in your journal! High School Sweethearts can always work out! :-)