Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mom's Special Treat/Landon's Goodbye

My mom had a special treat for us that she wants to continue each New Year. She took the whole family to The Roof for some yummy family time. What a nice gift and time for all of us.

...The hungry boys waiting...

Look how cute they look all dressed up?!

We're hungry as well

Matching Joe and Chels


My mom wanted to do family pictures for her newsletter this year.

Left to Right:

Top Row: Isaac, Joe, Chels, my mom, Rodger, Me, Keaton
Bottom Row: Landon, Lindsey, Dave, and Ashley


Sorry boyfriends, we had to get the "official" family picture.

Ha, I enjoy this getting ready picture.

The girls...where it all began:)
And yes, you can see up my dress shirt thingy. Enjoy.

Thank you mother for the great time! You are beautiful and we all love you more than you'll ever know.

We also incorporated this evening with Saying Goodbye to Landon.
Landon with The Covington's.
Landon with The Jessop's.

Landon with Dave and Ashley

My mom and Landon

This was at his farewell. I had to include a picture of Angela and my dad with the darling girls.

Look at Ava's little side pose and Caroline with her cute hat.


After dinner at The Roof we went back to my moms to play games about Landon and his mission.
I made up a quiz about Campinas, Brazil. If he got the answers wrong he had to put a marshmallow in his mouth and not swallow. Above is Rodger and I reading the questions.

He actually did quite alright....only because I had easy questions:0)
My mom then made up Pictionary with words related to Landon's Mission. This is Landon trying to draw "Jesus". Check out his picture.....it is mind blowing. Jesus has a halo, huge "turkey" hands......anyways it was too funny. We will sure miss you Landon.
Ever since Rodger got a sweet Laundry Bag from one of his 2nd moms, Amber, we have loved it. Amber got Rodger one that said Elder Jessop's Junk. Here are some examples we have used:
Elder Workman's Wash
Elder Harris' Hamper
We love this little tradition we do for missionaries. We hope Landon will get good use out of it!
Landon left Wednesday morning for the MTC. We said goodbye Tuesday night and the cute little boy gave us an adorable card with a framed picture of all 3 of us. Landon has been a really good friend, he is pretty much family. We would double date with Linds and Land pretty much every weekend and we are going to miss that so very much. Lindsey will just have to be a third wheel for a couple of years.
Good luck Landon, you will do GREAT!!!

6 comments:

Joan said...

What great memories. My favorite is the classic "Jesus" picture. Landon could always make me laugh. Yes we will miss him. Can't wait for next year for our great dinner. Thanks for the wonderful post. My family means the world to me! Love you, Mom

Carson and Natalie said...

Oh it makes me so sad! :( Poor Lindsay, you make sure and tell her that if she needs someone to hang out with I can ditch out on Carson ha ha. She will be just fine, I am excited for Landon though. I hope he does really great. Cute post, like always.

Jacki said...

Another great blog!! You do so good!!! Love you!

Jessica said...

Cute post Cort. I love all the family pictures. You guys all look great. Keat's sports coat is so cute. Landon is a great kid and we will miss him too.

Mindi said...

My kids want to write Landon in the MTC is there any way you could get his address to us please? He was such a good sport to wrestle with them when we stopped by your mom's on our way to WA for Christmas.

Whit said...

Ya it's the 30 day workout, and today is our 9th day. You do it everyday for 25 min, and each level for 10 days. It really is awful, and all you want to do is swear at Jillian the entire time, ha. but really.