Sunday, January 3, 2010

Our Christmas Season

CHRISTMAS EVE EVE

We always have a "Sisters Party" on Christmas Eve Eve. It's been tradition for quite some time now and I love it. We get together with all of my moms sisters and everyone in their families. It seems to keep growing and growing each year, which makes them great. We had it at my moms house this year. We had Lasagna for dinner, chatted away, and played some games. It was a fun night.
Rodger, myself, Tony, and Jessica. It looks like we're having so much fun!? Right?!
My mom and Indie.
Joe, Eden being held by Joe, Chels, Jacki, and Kev.
Nick, Lydia, me again, Linds, Landon, and Kel.
Paula, Tony's butt (I had too, I just had to post this picture) Monica, and Cam.
I can't wait for next year!

CHRISTMAS EVE
First off, I must mention, when we came home from our Cruise, this is what I found.
A few weeks prior to our Cruise, Rodger, my mom, and myself went to the Fabric Store to get material to do our curtains. She did 1 of them before we left and I loved it. I gave the approval. When we got home, this is what I found! All of my 6 drapes ironed and hung with added material at the bottom. I wanted them to flow to the floor and hang heavy. I love them. Best Christmas present ever! Thanks so much Mother Dear.
The brown is our Master Bedroom. Love the finished piece.
Before. Too short and they needed to be ironed.
After! Just beautiful. This is in our family room.
Thanks again mom. I wish I had the talent of sewing like you do. I sorta want to learn, but then I don't:)

Christmas Eve evening we headed up to Eden to be with my dad.
This is my fathers gift he got for himself. Super!
All the sisters together.
Ashley, Ava, Lindsey, Chels (with baby girl inside), Me, and Sweet Caroline.
Doug and my Grandma and Grandpa joined us also. Such a treat.
Rodg, Ash, and Dave. Dave=Ashley's Boyfriend.
Angela and my dad.
We exchanged gifts and had a yummy dinner. Thanks for the gifts, we loved them!
Oh, Caroline!
Darling Ava taking care of her babies.
This was our gift to the girls. Ava was the singer and Caroline was the conductor.
"Ava I will conduct you" as Caroline stands in front of her bouncing up and down with her arms outstretched going back and forth. Such a classic moment to watch.
Later that same Christmas Eve Night we stopped by Rodger's family to exchange gifts as well. They were leaving Christmas late morning to go to Holly's sisters house in North Dakota so we had to catch them that night.
Sweet Jamie
This was my favorite gift they gave us. We got our family pictures taken back in October and they gave us a framed picture. It looks lovely in our house. Another gift that was very thoughtful was all of Rodger's home videos up until he was 12 years old on DVD disks. We can't wait to watch them!

CHRISTMAS DAY
I loved Christmas morning. This was the first time Rodger and I woke up together to celebrate and exchange our gifts to each other. I loved it.
Rodgie opening his stocking.
Myself with my stocking. I loved his poem written on the paper below my stocking. One of my gifts in my stocking was the DVD, Ever After, which I love. The night before, so Christmas Eve, I had a dream that he got me that and he did. Crazy!
Later that morning we went to my moms for breakfast and gifts. Here is cute Anne that I just adore.
Buttons with Little S**** in her tummy.
I won't give away her name until she's born:) Your welcome Chels, in case you care.
I FINALLY felt her kick this morning. It was special and my first time feeling a baby kick.
Joe and Chels
The boys, Keat and Ike, were at their moms house this Christmas morning.
Hello Ash and Linds. You both look beautiful as always.
Rodger Bear and myself. I had a picture of my mom but she wouldn't allow it to be put up on the blog. She had no makeup on. What a dork.

Anyways, we had a great Christmas. I love the Christmas Season and I'm sad its over. I can't wait till next year! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

3 comments:

Ben and Lindsay said...

what a fun holiday you had! your cupcakes look wonderful I love Cortney cupcakes, next time i see you will you make some? :-) i am super jealous of your cruise! looked like you guys had a blast! and yes lets get together..like another game night or something! i will be contacting you! love you

Jessica said...

Wow, I have so much to say. I am glad Tony's booty made your blog. The "Sister's Party" was fun as usual. Chels looks absolutely adorable! It looks like you gave Rodgie's family the gift that keeps on giving...Ticket to Ride. Your gift to the twins is so cute, I bet they will love it. Your curtains turned out great, I can't wait to finally see your house in person.

Joan said...

I love the way you keep up on your blog. Your kids will love it in years to come. (5 years to be exact, so I'm told!) Uhm. . . . sewing a straight seam is pretty difficult but I'm sure you'd catch on. What a great time you and Rodger have. I love spending time with you and of course I love our Taco Time Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or whatever night we decide. As far as not letting you post a picture, it wasn't because of no make up, horrible picture!