Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our Labor Day Weekend-California

Over Labor Day Weekend we were lucky enough to go back to California for a stay with Randy & Cindy.
Our room was set up so nicely and made us feel right back at home.
Of course, back to the Golf Course. Check out my hot husband.
At one hole, I drove from where Rodger starts and hit a beautiful shot right down the middle. My next shot, even better, and I was on the green in 3. I then putted for par, that's right. I'm really itchin' for some lessons.
This time we had even more great company. Jeff, Amber, and Kyler joined us! They came the day after and stayed one day later than Rodger and I. Check out how cute Kyler's face is!
Ky and his cute mom enjoying the pool.
Grandma Cindy with her grandson. She misses him so much!
Ky and I in the "baby pool"

Their home is still as beautiful as we remember it.
On one of the days we went to San Francisco, our usual spot to hit when we go there. Amber had never been so we definitely made a day out of it. here we are on the Bay Bridge heading over to the city.

Lunch at Fisherman's Wharf. Here is Cindy and Kyler.
The famous picture spot, Alcatraz. We missed seeing the seals!
As always, we get cold down in San Fran. Of course, we didn't bring our sweatshirts that we left back at the house. I can't tell you how many sweatshirts Rodger has from having to buy one because he's cold in San Francisco. I first got mine and Rodger picked out the color. No, it was not so we could be matching the rest of the day. You could easily spot us though, that was the plus!
We drove past Lombard Street on our way to...........a spot I have been dying to drive by forever.
That's right...the Full House Street on Steiner Street.
We weren't exactly sure which house it was because it has been remodeled, so I took a picture of the appropriate color yellow.
We then hit up Haight & Ashbury for some shopping and looking around. What a cool place.
We had a blast.
One night we played our famous "Cards Game." This is where you flip a card from your hand and try to it in areas such as, cups, bowls, hats, etc. Back when we went to Mexico, the four of us, Amber, Jeff, Rodger and I shared a room. We played this game for hours and it has been our favorite ever since.
Or should I say the boys favorite?
And the winner was.......
Goof Ball. He got a card in the smallest area.
I loved the quality time I got to spend with Kyler. He is such a happy baby.

Here is Cindy with Randy and his 2 kids, RJ and Justin.
Thanks again for the stay! We always have such a good time out there. Can't wait until next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cortney I love your postings~you are too cute!!!! It was such fun to have you out here for the long weekend~and it's never quite long enough :) You and Rodger are wonderful to be around, and we cannot WAIT until next time~either here or back in Utah. XOXOXOXOXO

Joan said...

Looks like you had fun! I loved seeing all your pictures. Funny thing, I was just in San Fran this week also and we drove down Lombard street. Pretty fun!