Friday, February 3, 2012

Our House

Of course, the day I make time to show pictures of where we have been living for the last 2+ years, the house is FOR SALE.  We are crazy; we love change, new projects, experiences, and we love to pack!  Not, but I like that it gets me all organized again, even though Rodger claims our house is the most organized he has ever seen, I tend to disagree.
But you heard me right, the house is officially up for sale as of today!  We have seriously LOVED living here.  I'm not too fond of Layton, because I work in Salt Lake, but other than that, this home has it all.  We have definitely done a number of things to improve the home.  You will see below, enjoy!!
Currently, the front of the house looks different.  We added new shutters to the top two existing windows and also to the bottom living room window.
 
We put in some new bushes, which have since grown.

Our backyard backs up to protected wetlands.  The sunsets and everyday views can be beautiful.  This was taken last fall.  Goats live in this field and visit us often.  I love it.
  
 Just this last summer we added a deck.  It was a big project and made a complete difference to the layout and feel of the backyard.
  
 We have enjoyed it as much as we can.
We didn't do much to the living room, except paint the green wall to the left.  I personally dislike living rooms.  I think they are a waste of space. 
  
 This is what the kitchen looked like when we bought the home.
  
 We decided to add granite to the kitchen and two bathrooms upstairs.  This was our garage during the process of adding granite.  I bet you can only imagine what the inside of my home looked like as well.....a complete mess.  I hated this dirty and dusty project of adding granite!  But the results were B-E-A-utiful.
  
This was taken after the granite was put in and the starting process of adding trim and beadboard to the island.
We also changed out all the existing fixtures.  Thanks to the help of Scott!
  
Our kitchen after!  I LOVE it.  We had the cabinets painted and added the hardware.  It turned our beautifully and the granite makes it pop even more.
 This was our full bathroom upstairs before the granite.
 Our master bath before the granite.
 We loved the results of our kitchen cabinets that we decided to tackle doing the bathrooms upstairs.
 Upstairs bathroom with granite and updated cabinets.
 Master with granite and updated cabinets.  We did a pretty good job, I would say!
 Our room with our homemade headboard.

Spare bedroom upstairs
 Our office upstairs
Our main floor family room
Laundry, which is on the main floor.
 Downstairs full bath
 Downstairs family room/theater


And you can't forget the cold storage room!
 
I am missing a few other bedrooms and another storage room, but you get the basics.
 
As I mentioned above, we love our home.  The reason we are selling is because:
A. I would love to be more south for my commute to and from work.
B. Rodger is in the business, so he is constantly finding deals.
C. We love new projects.
 
It should be an interesting couple of months.  I can't wait to see what unfolds.
I just hope she sells!  I'm pretty sure she will, because I do have the best agent on my side. :)

3 comments:

Mike and Abbie said...

How exciting! Does this mean you are moving closer to us? I sure hope so :)

Darla said...

So nice! Now come do OUR house! :)

The Jeridans said...

You guys did some awesome upgrades to your home, it's beautiful. Good luck with the house hunting and selling. :)