Monday, January 21, 2008

Busy, Busy, and Busy

Hello again. Rodg and I have been very busy. We spent all day (morning to midnight) Friday and Saturday working on the house. It was fun, stressful, and made us tired. We are about done with everything. The carpets are getting cleaned this Wednesday and our furniture will be here as early as this weekend or next week. We're excited and so ready to move in! We can't wait. Some of the things we've done to the house are as follows:
*Painted every room
*Re-painted all the trim throughout the entire house (along the floors, windows, and around the doors)
*Re-furbished the door handles (scraped all the paint off of them)
*Painted all the doors
*Replaced all the light fixtures
*Scraped "cottage cheese" off 3 of the major ceilings and painted
*Tiled the front entry way (Rodg's dad and step mom did most the work)
*Painted inside all the kitchen cupboards and sides (what a pain)
*Replaced all the light switches and plugs
*And much prepreation work that had to go along with it, plus cleaning.....
We painted a ton and never want to do it again. It was fun to be able to do this all together. We had much help. Rodger's mom helped us the most, thank you! Also Scott and Holly (Rodg's dad and step mom), my mom, Lindsey, and my dad. Thanks a bunch. It's looking fantastic and has kinda been our life for a few months. But now it's time for the fun stuff. Cleaning it up to make it look beautiful, and my favorite, decorating!!!
I just want Rodger to know how much I appreciate him and thanks for putting up with me. I can be a pain sometimes, because not only are we planning a wedding, but re-creating our first house. Lots of stress. But there is no one I would rather do it with. I love him so very much. It's time to get married and we need a break....cannot wait for the honeymoon, for many reasons:). Hope all is well and enjoy your day, actually night.

5 comments:

Chelsea Covington said...

Are you implying that you cannot wait for sex?

Cortney said...

Possibly......but mostly to relax and get a vacation.

brad said...

you realize your dad reads this don't you?

Chelsea Covington said...

I think you'll be okay.

Cortney said...

Well...crap. Oh well. What do you expect. Plus, Chelsea started it. I wasn't even implying that in the first place.