Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Blog Ever

Rodger and I are getting married on February 16, 2008. We are very excited and it's been a long time coming. Although we're young, we most definitely are in love and there is nothing I would want more. He's quite amazing and if you know him, you'd understand.
I wanted to start this blog because we soon are going to be beginning a whole new life. I wanted friends and family to be able to see what's going on. This is something that will be very fun to have and share and I'm very excited to start. I just hope I can continue to blog and not leave anyone hanging.
I'll start with the proposal. We booked a vacation to go to Rodger's grandmas house in Long Beach, California. His dad and step-mom went with us. It was the weekend of my 20th birthday. On my actual birthday we went to breakfast that morning, and then went on a helicopter ride to Catilina Island. It was quite the experience. I loved it very much. We shopped and had tours of the place. We also went on a glass bottom boat tour and saw many fish. It sorta made me sick, but I dealt with it and survived. We headed back on the helicopter and went home to get ready. We then went to a Dodger's baseball game. We went to a total of 3 that trip and they were very fun and exciting. Rodger wasn't acting himself, starting once we were at the game. I asked what was wrong and he would just blame it on his stomach, which is usually what really is bugging him. Once we got back to his grandmas beach house, it's funny because I (being the one who would of loved to go to bed since it was around 11:30 that night) suggested that we go for a walk on the beach. So we started walking and talking, holding hands, and I myself was loving the moment. We stopped at a lifeguard house and we were frezzing, no shoes on. We were just hugging and talking and I was saying thank you so very much for the best birthday, things like that:). I then said, what is wrong, you're heart is pounding very hard. Once, again he blamed it on the stomach and that he was cold. He then asked, so did you have a good birthday, etc. I said yes it was the best. He said would there be anything that would of made it better.....No? He then started to knell down on his knee and said, what about this? And off he went, pulling out the box and opening it up. "Cortney, will you marry me?" I believe at first I said, "are you sure" and he said of course I am. I started hugging him and was getting very excited. He let me hug him for awhile and then said, can I get up now (he was still on his knees) And then he put the ring on my finger and it sparkled so bright. It was gorgeous.
There you have it. I'm going to leave you with another surprise. We went back to the house and he said, I have one more thing for you. He handed me a card. Inside was the cutest card in the world saying I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, I love you so very much. Not only was that great. But then there was a piece of paper with a picture of the cutest house on it saying "OUR HOUSE" What a day.
So that I don't continue to bore you more (or maybe it's just myself reading this, probably) I'll post later about the progress of the house and post some pictures!!!

No comments: