Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Fun

It was a great weekend. We hung out with my mom all day Saturday for her birthday. Starting with going to lunch at Bun Basket, swimming, and having a BBQ, then she came and watched a movie at our house. Sunday was busy with now having two dads to visit. We went to my dads first and had a BBQ and watched the Golf Game of course. Afterwards headed to Rodger's dads for another BBQ and games. We had a good weekend and hope all of you did as well.
This is the beautiful cake I made for my Mom. Isaac thought the big M was ketchup.....it's delicious frosting.
What a cute mom! You deserve the best.
This is up all playing Bocce Ball. It's a fantastic grass game. Its a mixture of bowling/croquet and is really fun. If anyone is interesting, let me know:). Or it's located at stores like Target, etc.
I whipped out my camera at the best part, this is where she opened our picture (shown below) and looked up and she couldn't speak because she was tearing up. She loved it!
Now, don't expect any great presents from Ashley. She just got home from her Senior Trip from California. She noticed we all got our mom other presents besides the pictures. So at the last minute, she grabs this magnets, that we have had for years, and hands it to my mom. My mom was either being really nice or has a bad memory because she was all excited (she loves getting magnets as her souvenir from vacactions).....that's just a prime example of how thoughful Ashley is....we still love you!
All of her gifts and pretty flowers.
Rodger and I got a little "present" on my moms birthday too. Thanks to Uncle Bill we got a great deal on this Scooter and it brings us back to when Rodger had one about 2 years ago. It's fun, cheap on gas, makes you smell like "outside" which I don't like, but we've enjoyed it so far.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Good job on spoiling your mom, she deserves it. I love the magnet story...hilarious. The pictures look great, I can't wait to see them in person. Love the scooter, just be careful. Tony wants a motorcycle so bad but I just don't want him to die.

Joan said...

I do have a bad memory, but the magnet did look a little familiar. They may have gotten them a scooter but we still have fun on our bikes. They just left from here. All I have to do is text them and say, "lets go on a bike ride", and here they come. We rode over into Farmington and looked at a house then came home and played a game. Earlier today Chelsea and the boys came over and we watched Isaac swim. He swam in the deep end! Yea! Love my kids!

Chris and Brooklyn said...

Cute cake!! Moms are just the very best! They deserve everything! Cute scooter! thats awesome!