Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our Weekend

Rodger and I had a great surprise this morning while we were getting ready. It was about 8:15 and the DHS Band passed by our house. It was fantastic and I can't wait for 4th of July. Most of you probably know it is my favorite holiday. They had the girls dancing with the flags and the band. Just thought I would share that with you and get you all excited for next weekend.
Today is my dads birthday and he is a big 48 years old!! Happy Birthday Dad! I am missing him today in the office but I don't blame him for not wanting to come in. We're going to dinner tonight at Cafe Alicia's in Bountiful. Before hand Rodger and I are going to visit with the twins for a few hours. I'll take some pictures and post them. I can't wait, it's been too long since I've seen them.
We had a fun weekend. We went up to my dad's house in Eden. Joey, Chels, Keaton, and Isaac, Rodg and I went to dinner before and then we played the card game Golf on Friday night with the hot tub before bed. Saturday was a restful day. The local pool was closed for a wedding. We just hung out and took an afternoon nap. I had a dream to go and get a blue tarp at the Store to make a waterslide. I woke up, told them about it, then had the idea to go in the garage and lucky me, there was a waterslide! Therefore, the fun 4 (minus party poopers Chels and Joe), took it out and had a blast on the hill. Rodger ripped it quite a bit but that didn't stop us. Once the pool was open, we went there for about an hour playing "Monkey in the Middle." We then went to the store for our regular pasta that Rodger loves to make and it is great.
We headed home Sunday morning to go to church. It was our first day with our new callings. Rodger teaches the 9 and 10 year olds in Primary and I'm in the Nursury. I'm a little disappointed because I wish we were together like they usually do, but oh well. My first two hours go by pretty slow, but I enjoy it.

2 comments:

Ju and Brack said...

Cort- I used to live up the street from you in a duplex and I was woken up many times from the band practices. It lasts all summer :) Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I need to come visit all of you sometime when you are all together! Happy Birthday Brad!

Joan said...

I'm very jealous! I love the band, at any event. Yes I already have a red, white and blue fruit delight recipe for the big event. The pool is so clear and ready to swim in. Can't wait to sweat at the parade and relax at the fireworks! I don't think anything could pull you away from the 4th Cort!