Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What's Up With Us

  • Landon got his LDS Mission call to Campinas, Brazil. He leaves January 6th. We are very excited for him and his new adventure. We will miss him lots, seriously!
  • Our house is under contract to a lovely couple. Things are running smoothly so far. We close the end of this month.
  • We had a week to find a house to close the same time as our current home. We found a few favorites and settled on one that stuck out more than the others. It is located in "Klayton" It is on the border of Kaysville and Layton. In our original search, we didn't even look in Layton, but we decided to last minute and we are so glad we did. We love the home! It is about a minute North of where we currently live, not far at all. We couldn't be more excited!
  • We are so happy The Utah Jazz are up and running. We are excited for the season.
  • Rodger's bike got stolen from our garage. I was mowing the lawn the other day and when I was putting the lawn mower back I had to take about 3 double takes to make sure it really wasn't there. I was so upset! Nothing else was stolen, not even my bike. Now no one will ever go on bike rides with me.
  • We have started going to the Gym. We love the feeling and we love to go together.
  • I can't wait for this Friday. Chels and Joe find out what they are having. I vote Girl. Hello, The Bennett's are full of girls, we are a girl family.
  • Rodger is extra busy with work and is loving almost every minute of it.
  • We love Fall. "Welcome Fall" (inside joke of ours)
  • At my work we are doing a Fruit and Veggie Challenge. I am doing quite well. It is recommended to have 7 servings a day. I get at least that each day.
  • We are going to St. George next weekend to visit our good friends Cole and Gabrielle. It is Gabs birthday and we can't wait to go on a small vacation. It is getting us even more excited for our Cruise with them this December!
  • We wanted to have a Halloween Party this year (even last year) but with the move we won't be able too. Hopefully one year it'll happen.
  • We love Biggest Loser
  • Tonight is our last Fall Softball Season Game. We have not won once. We rock.
  • At my work I (along with 2 others) got Employee of the Month. It made me laugh about what they said about me. "Consistently going above and beyond. Quietly goes about being efficient and always willing to help." I like the "Quietly" part.
  • We realized last night we will have the lovely opportunity of giving talks in our new ward. Rodger asked if in this ward, "Can we be inactive?" It didn't deserve an answer.
  • We can't wait to see Couples Retreat this weekend. Bring on Vince Vaughn, my favorite.

8 comments:

Wes and Jess said...

Did I already say we are going to miss Carsons FAVORITE teachers??? We hope you like your new area and are excited for you guys!

Jacki said...

I love your blog!!!! You do such a great job and I have missed it! I'm very excited about your house, it is beautiful! Love you Aunt Jack

sarah baldwin said...

so... a minute away? does that mean we can WALK to your new house? i am going to need the address. you two are going to be missed more than you will ever know. (so that walking thing is going to be important:) vince vaughn is also my absolute favorito. good grief. too bad he's not lds or i would totally take him on as a second husband!! so did you win last night? let me know if you need any painting done, help moving, treats while moving and cort... i've got a bike so we can go any time! don't forget your sunrider! it will only enhance what you're doing at the gym (i just had to put in a plug for that... even though i hate myself because of it. hehe) above all else... know that you are both loved!

Darla said...

Pics of the new house?

Ju and Brack said...

Ok I have a few things to address here....first off I like in "Klayton"!!! Where are you moving to? I hope it is close to me! Let me know. Next, woo hoo for Chels and Joey. I hope it is a girl too! And last let me know how Couples Retreat is, I so want to see it. Thanks for the update :)

Joan said...

If you remember correctly, I have a bike and we use to go all the time. Ash can come along now also! Not a big surprise that you got employee of the month! Such an obedient child as always. I love your new house! Very exciting and I do remember when you guys spoke in your last ward, Rodger has nothing to worry about, but the inactive question and your no response is hilarious! Love you!

Cynthia B. said...

Mike's bike got stolen too like a month ago!!! It was on our balcony which means they had to climb onto the second floor!!! How lame!

Jessica said...

Hey Cort,

I was a little behind on reading your blog. You are so hilarious! I loved the part about your family singing happy birthday to you. Your right, normally it is so boring. I am excited to see your new house. And we are totally excited to see Couples Retreat too, it looks like a classic.

By the way, you have mentioned too many times that you aren't as pretty as Ash...I don't want to hear that again!!! You are all super pretty.