Monday, August 2, 2010

The 5 Love Languages By: Gary Chapman

Angela sorta introduced me to this book. She gave it to my dad and he left it on his desk at work one day. It has been slow here at work (always is for me this time of year, end of the summer) and I have read the 1st Chapter. It is recommended to take the test before you read the book.
Here are My Stats:
Physical Touch-10
Quality Time-9
Words of Affirmation-5
Acts of Service-5
Receiving Gifts-1
There are a total of 30 pairs of statements. You must choose only 1 that best represents your desire. Before taking this I thought my first Love Language would definitely be Quality Time. I was wrong. It was Physical Touch. I do love hugs, kisses, hand holding, and cuddling close to Rodger but I also love my time with him. It was almost a tie between the 2 but Physical Touch won. Of course I made Rodger take the test. There is a Husband Test and a Wife Test. Here are
Rodger's Stats:
Physical Touch-10
Words of Affirmation-8
Quality Time-6
Acts of Service-4
Receiving Gifts-2
Our Love Language List almost matches!
Before he took the test my guess would be Physical Touch or Words of Affirmation. I was right! I remember when we first started dating he was so touchy and I was not use to that at all. Remember, he was my first boyfriend. He would put his hand on my leg, I remembered hearing, "Don't let a boy touch your legs" and thought "Oh no, this is soooo wrong." But I liked it! Hence, Physical Touch is my first love language:). Anyways, he always held my hand, put his arm around my waist while watching movies, he would even pull my shirt down if my skin was showing, I thought that was so cute for some reason. And to talk about his kisses, wow, amazing! They still are today. You've seen his lips, imagine kissing those. Yes, you can only imagine, you may not participate, sorry. Rodger also loves to hear things about him, good things. It boosts his confidence. That's why I always tell him how cute he looks, compliment his hair, outfit, blue blue eyes, what a hard worker he is, how much I appreciate him, etc. He loves to hear it. Who doesn't?
We didn't do this because our marriage is struggling, it is far from that, but to improve it even more. It opens your eyes and makes you more sensitive to what your spouse loves and needs. I highly recommend taking the Quiz and reading the book. I haven't finished the book but I plan to.
Enjoy the book if you decide to read it!
********************************************************
A. Rodger you smelled extra good this morning when you left for your little tripy to Vegas.
B. Plan to make out big time when you get home Thursday.
C. Oh, and you are such a hard worker, you deserve to gamble away!

3 comments:

The Jeridans said...

I loved that book...a guy gave it to me when we were dating because he said he couldn't figure me out. It was pretty funny. I will have to have Jared take the test. I never thought of that.

Corrianne said...

You are so cute Cort! Jared and I will have to take it again cuz I can't even remember what our results were!

Joan said...

I love that book. I read it about 7 years ago. If you want another good book, but kind of churchy, but doesn't have to be, it's called The Peacemaker by James Ferrell. What a good wife you are!