Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Party

Rodger and I decided this holiday we would have a party for BOTH of our families. Since both our parents are divorced it takes a lot out of us to visit everyone. Therefore we made a simple solution: A party for everyone. I had games planned out, even Easter related, but Rodger simply did not like my ideas. So we just played normal games and had dinner. It was fun.
Thanks for those who brought the "sides" for our yummy dinner.
My dessert didn't really turn out the way I planned. Inside these eggs are Rice Krispy Treats. I bought M&M's to mix in and I added them WAY too early. They ended up melting too fast and so they were mostly Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats. Oh well, they were just OK.
Jamie and Ashley (the party game pooper, that's right, Ash)
We ate dinner outside in our backyard. I love our backyard. Don't get me wrong, I love the shade it provides in the Summer with our tall mature trees, but that calls for crappy grass. I wish our grass grew better back there. Oh well. So in order to play our games we walked over to the Elementary school across the street and played there. I love where we live:)
We had a water balloon toss. You get with a partner and toss a water balloon. After each throw you take a step back and who ever is the furthest away and the balloon hasn't popped.....WINS. (Side Note: I wanted to play this with eggs. Mix it up a bit. Rodger declined.) Scott and Holly won and they received the popcorn bowl and popcorn as their prize.
After we played Bocce Ball. Our favorite. The winners won Pringles. Poor Rodger didn't win and he really wanted to win some Pringles. Saturday night I caught him about to open one up, but don't worry I stopped him.
I had another game planned that really sounded fun. You guessed it right, it didn't sound fun to Rodger. I explained it to some of the family and some thought it would be fun & others agreed with Rodger. I will play it one of these days, whether it's with my children in years to come, it'll happen.
Jamie was giving us Chinese Massages. It felt real nice.
In the picture (Linds, Rodger (Jamie on him), Me, Amber, & Jeff.
We had a great Easter!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun Cort. You should come over and play the games with me, Leash and the kids. I am sure we would like them. You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it was great to see you the other day! Your pictures looked like you guys had a ton of fun! I agree you are very creative and your talbe setup looked great! especially the table cloth!!

Corrianne said...

well hello ms.creative! You seriously have the best ideas! You guys are so darling! I'm excited to be married couple friends!

Ben and Lindsay said...

You are creative I love it! I am sure all your ideas were great, if you need someone to play with, call me I am always willing for anything! That is fun you had the whole fam come over, and nice yuo have the school right there! lucky!

Joan said...

Fun party Cort and Rodg! You are quite the entertainers! And whatever about Rodger not getting any Pringles, he ate all of mine! Love you, Mom

Corrianne said...

haha when I say married couple friends I mean sometime in the future! lol not anytime soon:)