Monday, June 15, 2009

Flag Day Or A Birthday?

My moms birthday lands on June 14th.  It's also known as Flag Day.  She believes all the flags are saying Happy Birthday to her.  So I never forget to put my flag up, just for her:)

I had to make my delicious cupcakes.  Honestly...they are delish.
We had dinner over at Chels & Joes.  Look how cute and homey their place looks.  They have done a great job to their new house and it looks so good.
Ike, Ash, & Keat
The birthday girl.  She is 49!  Rodger saw my card that said "Happy 49th Day" and he's like, "She's 49, that's old?"  But she looks great.
The Covington's
This is the best I could get
I totally forgot to take a picture when she had them all laid out.  All of us gave her some planter pots.  There are five total, above is one.  It's ok that I didn't get a picture of them because she is taking them back.  No hard feelings mother, we understand.
Where's Waldo?  (Isaac)
We love you mom!  We hope you had a great day.  You deserve every bit of it!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like a very fun day. You guys are so nice to have such a lovely party for your mom. She really does deserve it. Happy Birthday Joanie!!!

Joan said...

I am spoiled!! Saturday Chelsea and Joey came over and Joey mounted my bracket for my flag so I could hang my flag. It honestly made my day. Also all the hard work that Chelsea, Joey, Rodger and Cortney went to, in making our dinner. It was delicious. I am not taking back the planters! They are perfect and I love them. It was a great surprise and something that I have wanted for a long time. Thank you girls, I have the best family ever. I love you! Mom

P.S. I may be 49 but still feel like I'm 20!! (Minus my bad foot and close up vision! Isn't that what old people say all the time?)

Chelsea Covington said...

Am I the only one noticing that I look naked in that picture?

Joan said...

Hilarious Chels!! Yes you do! I forgot to mention that we missed Lindsey there but she came to church with me so i didn't have to go alone. Very sweet! Also Cort and Rodg came over and played basketball, way fun. We need to do it again soon!

Ben and Lindsay said...

Happy BIrthday to your mom! Looks like fun! She does look great for 49! And your cupcakes look wonderful, I want some of Cortney's delicious cupcakes! And to your sister, when I looked at that picture I thought she was naked at first! :-)