Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dana Point, California

My generous and kind dad took all of us to California. We were there from Wednesday July 29th-Wednesday August 5th. Those that attended were:
Dad
Angela
Caroline & Ava
Joey (Could only come for 3 days)
Chelsea (Came Saturday till the end with the boys too)
Keaton
Isaac
Rodger
Me
Ashley
Lindsey
It was a really fun trip. We stayed in Dana Point in a beautiful house very close to the ocean. I have TONS of pictures and I have a hard time deciding what to share, therefore enjoy lots! We hung out at the beach a lot, relaxed, ate delicious dinners (at home or out to eat) went to Balboa Island, a Padres game, and much more. Enjoy!

The Plane Ride
Father sporting his many glasses

I HATE flying
Off we go to find the house!

San Diego Fun

Whenever we come across statues, we always have to copy them. I highly recommend it, it's lot of fun:)





My favorite temple. It looks like a castle.

The House We Called Our Home For A Week
Rodger and I got to sleep on a low bed, I was excited!
Living room upstairs
Kitchen
The beautiful view. The house was plenty big. Four bedrooms, 3 full baths, 2 great decks, 2 family/living rooms. The driveway was awful though. It was so steep, I wish I would have taken a picture of it. It took some time to park every time we pulled in.

Fun At the House/Restaurants

I love this picture. This is Ava telling me "No, Cortney don't take a picture." I can hear her cute little voice now saying it. She's a doll.
The girls dancing
Ash and I look like twins. But Ash is prettier, let's be honest.


The girls were calmly sitting on the side dipping their little toes into the fountain. Then all the sudden, little Ms. Ava goes right in. We couldn't stop them, they were having too much fun!
The 6 Sisters. Mine and Caroline's faces are hilarious.
The Girls

The San Diego Padres Game






Balboa Island

Ash, myself, and Keat got pretty sick on the boat. Poor Keat even threw up.
Here is a mother whale and her baby. It was pretty cool to see.
I loved all the homes around Balboa Island and the Penninsula.
Ava and Caroline got a Cartoon Picture done. They were Mermaids, it turned out cute. The guy drawing it didn't realize they were twins until he started on the next one. He's like, oh they look quite a bit alike.

Beach Fun
Oh sweet Caroline. My dad went into the ocean and the next thing we notice, she is sitting on his chair, grabbed his reading glasses, and started reading his book. It was adorable.
She's so into it.
Ava loved her Boogey Board. She was playing in the ocean with me and dad and she took a pretty big fall. It was awful. I felt bad. But she recovered from it and went back out.

Sand Volleyball was a hit

The only thing I hate about the beach is the sand is EVERYWHERE. I just have to learn to not let it bother me, it's going to to get everywhere no matter what. Some even came home with me to Utah, ugh.
I believe right after I took this picture, Ava started tinkling:)

Yes, not attractive of my lovely butt. But a cute picture indeed.

We found a really pretty place with rocks all around and the waves were coming up and crashing against them. I loved it. Here are Ash and Linds having some fun.


We had a blast on our trip. Thanks so much dad for taking all of us. It was a very special treat. We love you!!!

3 comments:

Joan said...

Looks like you had fun! And Cort, your just as beautiful.

sarah baldwin said...

cortney... you are freakin hot!! seriously... both of you are killin me. what i wouldn't give to be where you two are. it looks like you guys had a blast! you deserve it!

Brooke said...

So many great pictures, looks like a blast. And you are just as beautiful, you have a unique beauty that I have admired since you were a little girl. I can't put my finger on it, but it's amazing.