Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Kaysville Cottage

Let's refresh: My 20th birthday is when Rodger proposed to me. We were in California staying at his grandparents beach home in Long Beach. We went to Dodger's game, a helicopter ride to Catalina, it was magical. He proposed on the beach and I remember when I saw my ring for the first time, I thought it looked like a star:) Anywho. When we got back to their house, Rodger gave me a birthday card and inside was a picture of a house, which is what is our house today. It was the house that I've always thought was cute and he bought it (which I would like to add he bought it all by himself at age 20)! Well this all happened in September. He closed on the house in October and I wouldn't let him move in until we could together, which wasn't until our wedding in February. We had 4 months to make the house ours.

We scrapped off the "Cottage Cheese" ceilings in the family and dining room. This was rough, but so worth it!
Took off layers and layers of wallpaper in the Master bedroom.
Made a patio in the backyard and have added more plants to make it look nicer.
Changed all the light fixtures and all plugs.
Threw on some paint to give it color and attitude.
We had a lot of fun doing this together. It was hard work, but so worth it.


And guess what? It's FOR SALE!

Best agent in the world, my husband.
Here she is
Side of the house and also the backdoor.
Our side yard with the 1 car garage.
The backyard with a picture of our patio.
The Family Room
Other side of family room
Cute archway looking into the dining room.
The Dining Room
We recently had Tub Doctor come and redo our bathtub and kitchen sink. They are crystal clear and beautifully white!
One area of the kitchen. I forgot to take a picture of the other.
Our Bathroom

The before of our shower


The after! So much better.

Our Bedroom


Laundry Room/Extra Bedroom

Other half of Laundry Room.

We have loved our house. Truly have. The reason we are moving is to take advantage of this great market for buyers. If our house can't sell, then we will be happy to stay. We are excited for this possible new adventure. If you know of anyone interested have them call Rodger (number listed above)

MLS #: 906490

In other news:

Rodger is selling his Scooter!

Full View

Front

Side

Engine

He has loved his "scoot" and it's been fun to ride around on. We have just decided we no longer need it. You can see an add for it on KSL.

6 comments:

Carson and Natalie said...

Cort, your house is so cute!! Why are you selling it? Are you guys moving somewhere else?
P.S. WE are all super stoked about softball.

Jen and Jason said...

Your house is darling. I need to have you come decorate mine and pick out furniture for us, since you seem to have my taste.

Ju and Brack said...

You two are so stinking cute together. I love it! I think I need a Bennett family fix, I miss you girls!! Any way, your house is way too cute. You have AWESOME taste. I love all the furniture and decorations so maybe I'll have to hire you to help me out! Any way, good luck selling.

Joan said...

What a cute blog. It will be exciting to see what happens. I love your house and the scoot. You guys are both hard workers and it shows! Love you, Mom

Darla said...

wow, Cortney. The house IS adorable. I'll try not to hate you for being so young and having a house!! (; Where are you planning on moving, anyway?

Dave Lucy & Marley Gurney said...

I've always loved that house! When I was 14 my mom almost bought that house but it didn't work out.. WOW you guys did such a great job! Dave and I had to completely remodel our home too.. That is so sweet how he bought you two that house and you moved in after you were married! and btw I love your furniture! I wanted a couch just like that but I know it would get trashed now that we have marley. You two did a great job! :)