Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crafty Me

Look what I did! Now I most definitely couldn't have done it without my mothers helping hand. I wanted to do something memorable for Sarah Belle. Side Note: I don't know why I call her Sarah Belle, her middle name is going to be Elizabeth, I just believe it flows well. Hopefully Button's doesn't hate me for it.

Anywho, I got frustrated at times when making this blanket. I even wanted to give up. It finally made sense (we couldn't get the material in a perfect square) and I pulled it off. I do like to sew, but the little things make me not want to continue to make it a habit:) It's fun every now and then.

What I made is the blanket Chels and I are holding. My mom made this adorable quilt for Sarah that she is holding. It took her a lot of time. She has done about 10 million other things handmade for Sarah. Can you tell Sarah is my moms first grandchild? Technically she isn't the first, because of Keaton and Isaac, but we didn't know them when they were about to pop out.

This was taken at her shower thrown by Jacki and girls.
I hope little Sarah will enjoy cuddling up to it soon! I can't wait to hold the precious little thing when she comes.

7 comments:

Dave Lucy & Marley Gurney said...

Wow it looks fabulous you did a great job! You must have some serious patients haha. I would of quit!

sarah baldwin said...

cort... you're darling!! and that baby will be two with my two favorite names in the book!! still lovin that hair too cort. you're beautiful!!

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

Good Job on the blanket Cort! I'm sure she will love it. It looks so soft and cuddley!

Joan said...

I thought you did really well sewing it. It was fun and so nice of Rodger to come and be patient while you did it. I can't wait for Sarah to "pop" out too!

Brooke said...

Very Pretty. I cherish those hand made blankets and I'm sure Chels will too.

Chelsea Covington said...

I LOVE all of the handmade stuff I've been getting. Let's just hope that "popping" you are referring to is as easy as you make it sound. :) Love you!

Mindi said...

Cort that blanket looks so cute and soft. I'm thinking "popping" might be the wrong word to describe an "easy" childbirth. Chels, it may not be easy but it sure is worth it :)