Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Good & The Bad

Today was a good and a bad day. Let's start with the good. Rodger has been waking up early, and I mean early, to go to the gym in the morning with a buddy. He gets up at 5:30 AM. Bless his soul. I, on the other hand, am not a morning person. This is why I work out after work:) Anyways, this particular morning as I was half asleep laying in bed, I asked if he would quickly make me a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. He has a few extra minutes in the morning before he heads off to work, so I was hoping he would do it. I get to work and this is what I open.
Baby's PB & J with the date so nicely written on the Zip Lock Bag.
Frito's for Princess.
He also packed me 2 Cutie Oranges.
I couldn't help but smile when I saw this.
He quickly received a very kind text message from his wife.

Later this evening we had the Bishopric come over for a brief minute. Rodger and I are lucky enough to get to teach together in the Primary! We will be teaching the 7 year olds. I can't wait.

Ok, its time for the bad. And this is bad. My poor little Anne babe got hurt. She is my moms dog (AKA my baby). She was jumping up to get into Lindsey's car to go for a ride and she smacked right into the door. She immediately fell to the floor and started crying. Her eye was bruised instantly and was popping out.
My mom and Linds took her to the Vet right after it happened.
Poor little thing got her eye stitched up.
She's so cute.
She also has to wear the 'Cone' around her head. This is so she won't scratch her eye or bug it. She tends to run into things while walking because she can't see, nor is she used to the Cone. She will be getting her stitches out Saturday and we're hoping she won't be blind in that eye. The Vet says she has about a 50/50 chance. I hope she heals nicely.
I love you Annie.
Get better soon, real soon.

7 comments:

Jacki said...

Poor Annie!!!!

Joan said...

Saddest thing in the world! It brought back memories of when Annie had to be rushed to the vet because she ate an arranagement of fresh flowers I had and was poisoned. Cortney, probably around 13 years old, informed us to "do whatever it took" to get her better. She said, she didn't care how much it cost! Anne has always been her little "Princess". Rodger said tonight, when we were all eating, "isn't it great how tragedy brings our family closer together"! Leave it to Rodg to make us smile! We love you Anne!

Joan said...

P.S. Your lunch was the sweetest thing ever!

The Muhlesteins said...

That is so sad about Annie, I hope she's ok and will be able to see again in that eye. Poor little thing, I hate seeing animals suffer.

Tommy, Brittney and Ryder Patane said...

Don't you just love hubby's! And how sad about your puppy!!! Poor thing!

Dave Lucy & Marley Gurney said...

Oh poor girl! I hope she's ok :) I know that kind of money just seems so ridiculous for a dog right? But, we really love this breed and we want a high caulity dog so I guess we don't really have a choice haha.

Shedding is the worse! Specially with my ocd about our house. When it comes to the house I have rules about not letting them on beds or the couch, are last dog was aloud to do that for about a week before I realized that it was too gross! Even though he wasn't aloud on the coach hair still seemed to get on it. First I would just vacuum it everyday, But that started to become too much of a chore. So I bought a pledge pet hair picker upper, its this plastic container you rub across your coach and it actaully works pretty good and its super fast. Sense we have Marley I vacuum our carpets everyday specially with a dog. We also found this amazing pet brush at petsmart. It gets out a crazy amount of hair because it actually cuts some of it, i'm not sure how it works but it does! I can't remember the name but when we bought it it was like a new product and they had a video running in the store explaining how it worked. We spent around $30 dollars for a small one but its totally worth it. One other thing that bothered me with our dog was everytime he would go outside then come back in he would leave footprints on our wood floor. I put a rug down by the door but it didn't help. So I just have a old towel and a spray bottle with cleaner in it so after he comes in i spray the floor and wipe it with the towel. What kind of dog are you two looking to buy??

Dave Lucy & Marley Gurney said...

haha wow! that was one long comment!! Sorry :)