Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Twinster Weekend

Rodgie and I were lucky enough to watch the twins this past weekend. I picked them up after work on Friday and we had them until Monday morning. It was fun, lots of work, sometimes stressful, but a good time. They are dolls.
The first thing they wanted to do when we got to our house was "Rock Out." Do you see how into it they are? Caroline would bend her legs and get down low, bite her lip, and go crazy with her fingers. Then there is Ava who dips her shoulder and sings away. Adorable. They did this plenty of times throughout the weekend. I would turn the radio on and they would "Rock Out." I joined them a few times, they liked it when I sung. Caroline says, "Cortney, you have a lot of favorite songs." Very true, Caroline, very true.
That Friday night we went out to Caroline's favorite restaurant, Olive Garden. Then off to Target to have the girls pick out a gift for little Sarah for Chelsea's baby shower Saturday.

Rodger and I were definitely not used to the early weekend mornings. They would wake up about 6:30 to 7:30. It was fun though, they would come crawl into bed with us and we would watch Cartoons before breakfast time. We still have a few "tickle tags" left in our bed. Haha, that's a whole other story.

Saturday morning was a busy one. We woke up early and watched a movie. Watching a movie can be difficult at times. We have to find one that has princesses in it and superheros. Its funny how different they both are. After the movie it was time to get the girls and myself ready for Chelsea's baby shower at 11:00. Sorry no pictures from that event. It was fun though and Sarah is going to love her gifts from the girls. Ava picked out some cute Binky's and Caroline got her a toy duck.

We had quite the adventure after the shower. Since I was using Angela's car all weekend, we got locked out of the house. I didn't have my car keys with the house key on it or my garage door opener. Rodger was at a store in Ogden and didn't have phone service. We finally got ahold of him and he was coming home as fast as he could. Luckily since it was close to 2, their nap time, they feel asleep on the way home. They even stayed asleep when we carried them into bed.

Ava isn't wearing her leggings because she had a little potty accident at Chelseas. I was so nervous another accident was going to happen while they were in their car seats fast asleep, but we were lucky!

Here I am, just waiting away in the car for Rodger. Caroline in the back sound asleep. It was funny watching her nod off while I was driving. She finally gave in and was OUT.

Yes, I may look different. I went dark. Rodger was out of town all last week and I surprised him. He has wanted it forever now. He's so lucky to have me. It's growing on me, definitely a change, but it has been fun.

When I first saw the girls, it was funny to see their reaction to my hair. About 5 minutes after Ava first saw my hair, she said, "Cortney can you change it back to yellow?" Caroline liked it at first but towards the end of the weekend, she wanted it back yellow too.

I would get a kick out of Ava sitting on her chair while eating. I asked her if that was comfortable and she definitely thought it was.

Sunday was probably my favorite morning. We played a lot of games. They loved Bingo, Don't Break the Ice (mine and Rodger's favorite), and Mouse Trap. They loved Mouse Trap and getting to build the trap. My mouse got trapped first and then Ava and Caroline's got trapped at the same time by Rodger. The whole trap process worked and Rodger won. As soon as the cage went down over their mouses, they both starting crying. It was so funny but sad at the same time. They didn't want to give up their mice, they wanted to keep them. I think I know what their Birthday present is going to be this year.
We went to Boondocks, they LOVED it. As did I. I've never had the reason to enjoy the Kiddie Cove. That thing is a blast. I joined them a few times.
This slide is marvelous. Caroline and I loved it!

Ava and her adorable face that she pulls.
Waiting ever so patiently for the balloon to pop on this game.
It never popped, we were bummed!
They loved the miniature bowling.
They most definitely wanted to play there mom's favorite game.
And here is Ava's toy she picked out. A Rocket Shooter.
And Caroline's toy. A Spiderman picture with all his friends.
We had fun out on our swing set, that the previous owners left. I'm loving the weather lately, the sun feels so nice. I really want Spring to come!
Here they are enjoying a 3D movie. Aren't the glasses so cute? They didn't last long.
Proof that Rodger Bear loves my hair. I look like a drowned cat in this picture, but it was all I had from the weekend.

We love you girls, come back soon!!

Oh, the highlight of the weekend was when they would call each other "babe" or "honey". It doesn't happen too often but when it does, it cracks me right up.

6 comments:

Ben and Lindsay said...

#1 I LOVVEEEE your hair! It looks so good, love the bangs!! You look darling as ever!
#2 I can't believe how big those girls have gotten, they get cuter every time you post pictures!
#3 Love how one of them likes superheros, that is awesome!
Love you! Let's get together soon, I know that our schedules are the worst!

Whit said...

I love the dark hair!! Makes me want to be a brunette again.

Dave Lucy & Marley Gurney said...

I Love the dark hair too! It really makes your eye's pop. Those little girls are adorable, twin girls would be so much fun/work haha. Boondocks is the best! Dave loves to play with Marley in the kiddie cove too. I have no idea how he fits..

You should deffinately get a dog! We got a basset hound when we first got married and it was nice to be able to train him and put time into him when we didn't have a kid. He died 6 months ago and its been hard not having him around. But at the same time its a lot less work..

If you want a free bid on your deck feel free to give dave a call 8016609089. and of course he would give you guys a good deal :)

Angela said...

The girls haven't stopped talking about their big weekend. Caroline's new prized possession is the Spiderman picture. She shows it to everyone and knows all the heroes' names thanks to Rodg. I know they can be a lot of work and the schedule isn't the most fun, but I do so much appreciate your helping us out so Brad and I could have some time alone. I know they're in good hands (and certainly more fun ones) when they're with you. How appropriate that Ava gave Chelsea some "b's" and Caroline gave her a duck. Thanks for keeping them entertained and making them realize how boring Mom is :-) You guys are the best and we do so love you both. And because of you Caroline is now a huge fan of Egg Drop soup...who knew? I'll be dropping them off tomorrow around six (hee,hee).
P.S. Your hair looks great. You couldn't be ugly if you tried. Love the picture of Ava being a Clingon...but not sure about the "naked" one with Rodg ;-0

Carson and Natalie said...

Cort! I love your hair! It is so cute! You guys are too cute! So besides all this babysitting, when you guys going to have some kids of your own? ;) ha ha

sarah baldwin said...

cortney... you look so beautiful with that dark hair. your eyes just pop!! you guys are the best babysitters in town.