Friday, March 6, 2009

Elder Cole

I remember when my cute Rodger opened his mission papers. He was going to be serving in the L.A. California area.  He left a day before my birthday and what an awful 19th birthday that was for me.  I was lucky though, because he came home 3 days after for health problems.
Cole, who is my sister's Ashley's boyfriend, got his call on Wednesday night.  He will be serving in the Bangkok Thailand Mission.  He leaves June 3rd.  Ashley just bought him some new scriptures that are in Thai which he is modeling in the above picture.  Cole says he's nervous, especially to learn the language, but I know he'll do a great job.  Congrats!
I know exactly how Ashley is feeling right now, it was an awful time but such an exciting time too.  Hopefully Cole will last more than 3 days!
JK Rodg, I love you!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Cole will do a great job with Ashley supporting him 100%! From the very first time that Cole came and picked Ashley up for their first date, he had his priesthood manual on the dash board. Very impressive :) He stands up for what he believes in and I've seen him do it many times. We love you Cole and we know that you will do an oustanding job!

Ben and Lindsay said...

That is awesome! I love hearing bout mission calls! I don't know the kid, but if is dating Ash he has to be a good kid! That would be a way cool place to go to!