Monday, March 16, 2009

St. George Softball Trip


At the first of the Lindsey's Softball Season they go to St. George for a tournament.  This was the last year and oh how I'll miss it.  The Davis Softball Team did great this year!  They won 4 out of 5 games.  Myself, Rodger, my dad, my mom, Ashley, and her boyfriend Cole went down.  My dad, Rodger and I stayed at my grandparents house that they have down there.
Rodger and I picking up my dad.  He tagged along with us all weekend, we were his taxi.
Lizzy's first game Friday wasn't until 3:30.  Therefore the boys and Ashley went golfing.  My mom and I went to the Outlets and the Mall.  We then had lunch and of course after went to her hotel room and took a little afternoon nap.  We love to sleep.
Lindsey played great.  She plays 2nd base.
This is my favorite.  As soon as the pitcher releases the ball, Linds quickly squats to get ready.
This exact hit was a nice hit right to 3rd base, but the girl caught it.  Linds was hitting well, but then kinda slacked off the last few games.  That's ok, no ones perfect.
My adorable grandparents.  They're keepers.
Father
Rodg and I enjoying the game and SUN!
P.S. Today Rodger gets home from work and comes out of our room in shorts and a T-shirt.  He says, "Babes Bear, it's Summer."  He cracks me up.  He can't wait for it. That's why we cleaned out our garage too today, he's ready for the heat and all that comes with it.
Cole and Ashley
The drive home, so pretty.
Rodger driving, trying to keep himself up.  We were up late the last night because we went to Mesquite.  My dad, Rodger and myself played 21 for quite some time.  Rodger and I did really well.  It was my first time.
My good friend Gabrielle lives down in St. George.  She along with her boyfriend Cole met us for one of Lindsey's game.  They also met us down in Mesquite and that was fun to be with them.  We miss them, they need to come back up North!
Myself.  I don't really enjoy car rides.  Therefore I sleep.  I woke up because my mouth would be wide open.  Rodger said I looked beautiful:)  If only that were true.
We had a great weekend!  The weather was great and so was the company.  Thanks again Gma and Gpa for the wonderful house to stay in.
Way to start off the season right, Davis!  I can't wait for tomorrows game.

6 comments:

It all began here said...

Cort, I love your hair~! It is darling. Glad you enjoyed your trip. I heard St. George was warm and beautiful.

:)

Joan said...

Love the post! Yes, It is a little sad that that was our last St. George trip. Can't wait for today's game! Maybe next time Cort, you should let me edit my picture! Good heck, oh well we had fun!

Chris and Brooklyn said...

Your hair is So cute, it looks really good on you, I was going to tell you Sunday, but it didn't click fast enough! Anyways, LOve it

Jen and Jason said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. My favorite part would have been the nap, I don't get them often, but love them. The sun and shopping would have been fun too, but oh how I love to nap.

Jacki said...

Wish that I would have been with you all!! I'll have to get in on one of the home games. Love you

Ben and Lindsay said...

I am glad you guys had fun! I love your haircut by the way!! You always make me want to cut mine! I am jealous you got to see Gabrielle I would LOVE to see her again!