Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Ashley Dear

Ashley turned the big 20 on September 19th.  She is no longer a teenager.  Isn't she beautiful?  I've always been jealous of her looks, but then again all my sisters are pretty.  
Ashley you see, is a very special child.  Daffy Duck is what I use to refer her to.  She had a speech problem growing up and well, she sounded like Daffy Duck.  Don't worry, she would get right back at me and call me Pirate.  This is because I wore a patch because of my eye problems.  As you can see, we don't get a long too much.  Never have.  We aren't as bad as we used to be, that's because we're growing up.  Anyways, now to the good stuff.
Our family wouldn't be the same without Miss Ashley.  She is a great sister, person, and friend.  Although things have to be all about her, she really does care for others.  She is hilarious and can say the most funniest things.  She has great style and I've always been a fan, even if I didn't act like it.  I love her very much and am glad she is my sister.
We had dinner last night at my moms.  My mom has decided instead of going out to eat, like we use to, we get to choose our favorite home cooked meal and celebrate at home.  Ashley decided on Stuffed Porkchops, salad, fruit, stuffing, and chocolate creme pie!  We then played "Memory" and every match was about her.  It was fun.
As you can see, she got a bike!  It's adorable and so much fun to ride.  It fits Ashley perfect.
Happy Birthday Ash!  I hope you had a great one.  I love you.
Oh, and I love Annie as well.  Can't you tell?
P.S. Cole (who is her boyfriend and on a mission in Thailand, sent her flowers on her birthday-so sweet!)  I joked and said, "Wow, those are all the way from Thailand?"

6 comments:

Angie Williams said...

That's funny you say you guys didn't get along very well because that's totally how Karlee (same age as Ashley) and I have always been. We get along much better now, but we still get on each other's nerves quick!

Joan said...

What a cute post about Ashley's birthday. What you don't realize is you are just as beautiful as all your sisters! And I'm not just saying that because I'm your Mom. Also, your the only one that likes Annie with long hair! She's getting it cut this week!

Ju and Brack said...

Happy Birthday Ash. I agree with your mom Cort, you all are BEAUTIFUL!!! I was ALWAYS jealous of you girls (still am). Sounds like a fun birthday to me. How fun to always get together as a fam. What a blessing!

Chelsea Covington said...

Maybe next time I'll actually do my hair and make-up before participating in a picture. Some well needed spray on tanning wouldn't be such a bad idea either.

Jacki said...

I agree you are all beautiful!!! Love ya!

Angela said...

Looks like she liked her bike! So glad. I knew it was 'her' the minute I saw it at my friend's house and remembered her saying she wanted an "old fashioned bike" for her birthday. I know it's red and not Weber blue but hopefully she'll overlook that minor fact. Glad you guys had happy birthdays. Sorry we missed celebrating with you. Love from Ava, Caroline and me.
P.S. Annie could even ride in the basket :-)
P.S.S. you can find more colors for your flip flops at switchflops.com. So fun!