Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kamas Cabin

We have been lucky enough a few times to go up to The Bendt's Cabin in Kamas. They have a beautiful cabin set right in the heart of the mountains. It's close to Park City, Heber, Midway, all those good places. We went up there for Labor Day Weekend.
From the first time we went up here, I've always noticed this tree. A few miles from their house. It sits up on the mountain side all by itself. Love it.
Check out their cabin.....awesome!
Steve got a great Father's Day present and they put a chipping/putting green in the front yard. Every mans dream.
I secretly love Christmas trees. I was sad when we had to take ours down after the Holiday Season. Amber says, "It's my cabin so I can do what I want." She keeps it up year round. She will decorate it to the season. Adorable, I love it!
My view off the deck while watching the boys play away on the green.
Rodger, Steve, and Braden

Rodger and I riding the golf cart at night.
We did some four wheeling. Here's a story: Braden's friend came up one afternoon. They only have 2 four wheelers, so Braden and Chelsea went on one and Rodger and I on the other. His friend, Jeff, came up on his Bullet Bike. So he went on a little ride up the canyon. We told him to be back for dinner by 7. Dinner rolls around and no sign of Jeff. We eat, give him some time, and while sitting out on the deck we hear sirens. We joke saying, "What if that is Jeff" Time continues and we start to get worried. Braden and Chels go for a drive to go find him. Guess what, it was him! He was turning around a corner going 50 MPH and hit loose gravel. Nothing serious, a quick ambulance ride to the hospital for some nasty cuts on his elbow and knee. At least he is a little smart while riding those stupid things and has a nice padded jacket and full covered helmet. Ah...scared us to death. Don't worry, this won't stop him from doing it again. I believe those things should be illegal!
Beautiful waterfalls about 25 miles up the road.




My favorite. I love the green moss.
On Saturday the boys woke up early and went golfing at The Homestead. Us girls, off to Swiss Days! Question, why haven't I been notified of this wonderful place before? Rodger called it Quilted Bear on steroids. Oh my goodness, I was in heaven. The boys met up with us after golfing and Amber and I marked down which tents we liked to get approval from the husbands. Luckily Rodger likes this kind of stuff. I got a really cute Magnetic Calendar and a cute clock. I believe we now have about 8 clocks in our 1,200 square foot home. Clocks were a big wedding present when we got married. Anyways....on Monday we took off on our way home to Park City. Everyone went on the new Alpine Coaster but Rodger would not dare wait in the 2 hour long line. I agreed. So we took off to The Outlets. I haven't been there in a while and they have a lot more stores. They have our favorite, Guess!! We were so excited. Rodger was being so cute and would only go in my department and just start picking out clothes and having me try them on, I was in heaven. He is such a good shopping partner. I later realized, it's probably because he doesn't know what to get me for my birthday. That's ok, because I told him my birthday is over, as far as presents are concerned. I got a lot and it was well needed.
We had a great weekend. We slept in, ate great food, played games, watched football, shopped, and lots more. I love long weekends.

1 comment:

sarah baldwin said...

looks like you had a great time as usual... you two!! i'm glad you found some good stuff at swiss days. i'm sorry about your friend jeff but very glad it wasn't either of you two!!