Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cole's Farewell Party

Cole leaves for the MTC on Wednesday June 3rd.  FYI-he did a fantastic job on Sunday at his Farewell.  He cried like a little baby, haha, but did so well.  Anyways we wanted to have a party for him before he left.  We started off boating.  We went yesterday late afternoon.  My dad just got a new boat and it's so much fun!
Pineview is beautiful
Lando and Linds
Rodg and I
Father

Cole & Ash
Rodger's butt as he is swinging from a rope swing
Ashley skiing
Cole skiing
Landon wakeboarding
My cute captain

Later that night we went to my moms house for dinner and games.

Guess who was in charge of the games?  Of course, ME!
This is memory.  It was Bangkok, Thailand Style.  I let him keep all the memory matches.  I told him he can play it with his missionary friends.  Ha, everyone made fun of me.  Cole said he'll play it with every companion he gets...uh huh.
Here are some examples of what I put on the cards:

ผู้สอนศาสนา
Missionary

ส้วม
bathroom

A picture of the city in Bangkok

simmons_selling_condo_bangkok.gif



The other game was my Mashmellow game.  I had a quiz made up for Cole about Bangkok, Thailand and let's just say he will be learning A LOT when he is there.  He didn't know much about the place.  But I should give him credit because he knew some answers.
My favorite question was who will miss you the most out of the Bennett/Jessop/Covington family?
A. Ashley
B. Annie
C. Joan
D. Isaac
Of course the answer was Ashley and that is what he answered.  Isaac yells out, "No, but I'm going to miss Cole the most.  I really am"  It was cute.
Cole gave Ashley this picture for her bedroom.  What a sweetheart.
We sure are going to miss you Cole.  Within the last few months Rodger, me, Ash, and Cole have been hanging out quite a bit.  Ashley and Cole have been together for I believe over 2 years.  It wasn't until recently that we have been hanging out and we've gotten to know Cole a little bit more and he's more open around us.  I wish we started that earlier because now look what's happening...he's leaving.  Anyways I'm glad we have gotten to know him because he really is a good guy.
You'll do great in Thailand.  Like I said in my card, take one day at a time.

He told Ashley last night after the party, "I really like your family."
Well DUH, who doesn't?
But we're so glad you do.

4 comments:

Ben and Lindsay said...

you guys always have so much fun! That was nice your threw him that party, I am sure he loved it!
And I agree with ya who does not like your family? :-)

Amanda Hansen said...

That is so adorable! I love your creative mind Cort! Those games you made are so cute and fun! I'm glad Ashley's bf likes your family, that's always a plus!

Joan said...

Yes, we had a great party. Of course I asked you to do the games. You and Rodger are the best! Yes, the count down to June
3rd is coming up. It will be a rough week, next week. but I'm taking off work so Ash and I can go play to take her mind off of it. I'm glad Cole puts up with our unique family. We love being together and have fun. We love and we'll miss you Cole!

Angie Williams said...

I'm glad you found my blog so I could check yours out! Gol, your sis and that Cole boy do make a beautiful couple! So do you and your hubby :) Hope life is going well!