Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Overload

Mother's day was a busy one for us.  We saw:
*Cindy (Rodger's mom)
*My grandma
*Both of Rodger's grandma's
*Holly (Rodger's step-mom)
*And finally my mom
Luckily for us, 4 out of 6 were at the same location.
We started the morning at church where Rodger and I put these together for our little Nursery delights.  We love them, they are so cute and such a joy in our lives.  One little boy in particular runs up to Rodger and gives him the biggest hug in the world.  It's the cutest thing.  (Yes, Abbie it's Mr. Carson)  We hope their moms enjoy their little gift.
We then went to brunch with Rodger's mom and her boyfriend.  Above is what we gave her.  Thanks to the help from Jen at my work.  She did a great job putting these together.  They are placed on tile and you get an easel for mounting.  I love them.
This is Holly's tile.
In the afternoon we went to Rodger's grandma's house.  I'm so thankful that Rodger's family is willing to be together even though their was a divorce involved.  I really wish my family could be better at this, it's so much easier for the kids.  At his grandma's house it was both his parents (divorced) with their wife/boyfriend, and both sets of grandparents.  How awesome is that.  Everyone gets along together so well.  Definitely not uncomfortable at all either.
This is my moms tile.
Rodger climbed this tree many times growing up.  Of course he had to show Jamie the ropes.
Check that out.  There's his stretch similar to the one he can and does do on 1st base.

I just want to say how blessed I am to have many moms in my life.  Of course my own mother stands out the most to me.  She truly is so sincere and thinks only of others.  I love her with all my heart.
My Favorites about each one:
*My moms laugh
*Cindy who does NOT judge (I really admire that)
*Holly is open and will say what she feels.  I honestly love this about her.
*My grandma's smile
*Mary Jane's kind heart
*Florie's yummy dinners.

We love you all so very much.  

3 comments:

Joan said...

Wow what a day. You guys are always so thoughtful and think and do so much for everyone! Unfortunately my Mom isn't still around so be greatful, which I know you are, for all those Mom's. No one can ever replace them. You are very lucky to have a family like Rodger's! Love you both!

Joan said...

P.S. I love my tile!

Jessica said...

Wow Cort, you guys were really busy. I love the tiles, what a cute idea.