Thursday, April 24, 2008

Big News!




*This was supposed to be a poem, but I gave up, bare with me.
Joey and Chelsea are moving away.
It’s going to be a really sad couple of days.
We’re very happy for them to be with their boys,
And know they will love having Dad & Ms. Chelsea
Being there for them after school days.
What happens when we have Sunday dinners,
Family parties, softball games, visits to each others houses,
And even talking on MSN while at work?
These things will be missed so very much
But Chelsea’s right, it’s just a plane ride away.
I am jealous that they will enjoy 80 degree weather
Pretty much all year round while in Texas.
I’ll be sad when I hear that a 3rd child is about to come out.
I’ve always imagined I’d watch my nieces and nephews
As much as possible.
But we’ll come visit and so will you.
Just promise me you’ll now BLOG TOO!

I love you both so very much.
You’ve shocked us all
But we understand
And I speak for everyone
When I say-we completely agree with your decision
And are so happy for all four of you.
Things could be worse-we’ll all survive.

7 comments:

Ju and Brack said...

WHAT? What a punk. I'm emailing her right now. You have to set her up a blog before she leaves...promise me this.

Cortney said...

I promise-she wants one-It's Joey that doesn't approve. But he promised her she can have one now.

Joan said...

Not a fun day of after shock from the news. I'll survive! I'm just very selfish and never thought I would ever be so far away from my kids. Like I told Joey, I would do the exact same thing for my kids so I can't blame him. I'm so proud of Chelsea for being there and supporting Joey in this decision. She loves those boys and it shows. Thanks Cort for always keeping up on the breaking news in our family. I love you Chelsea and Joey.

Jessica said...

Wow, what a shocker. I, too, would do the same thing to be by my kids. Chels will definitely have to start a blog.

Mindi said...

Thanks for the update Courtney. Good for Joey and Chelsea. I'm glad we got to visit with them in Utah as much as we have lately. "The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas." Where did that come from, I wonder? I learned while watchting a Pee Wee Herman movie, but I'm sure it has a more profound beginning.

Chris and Brooklyn said...

That would be hard to have a sister move out of state. But it just makes it one more place you'll have to go visit! Sometimes I wish I could move away! We should get some couples together from the neighborhood and have a game night!

Cortney said...

That would be fun-let me know when and where!