Saturday, April 5, 2008

Poor Little Lizzy

Here is Linds moments before the accident.
Here is the proof of her poor little lips.

Lizzy plays softball for DHS and this is her 3rd year. She loves it and so do I!! I love going to her games and I make it to most all of them. This last game (Friday April 4th) she had a little accident. My mom, Chels, and I had just sat down (we were a little tardy). It wasn't long after that the girl up to bat hit the ball in Lindsey's direction (2nd Base) and the runner on 1st ran right into Linds while she was trying to get the ball. Linds I could tell was hurt, she got the little big nose flare, her lips were shaking, and it was just the instant hurt face I recognized. Chelsea's like, "She got hurt, oh no, Cort, she's crying." I'm like "Well, yeah, I would be too, she's bleeding." She was spitting out blood, kicking it away with the sand, it was her lip that was hurt. They called a time out, grabbed Linds some water and checked to see if she was OK. It took a few minutes, no teeth were hurt, so she cleaned herself up and then went out to play again. We were standing behind the dug-out to see if everything was OK, being the caring family we are. We started walking back to our seats, and a water bottle was thrown and splashed up and got Chels all wet. It was the coach, she was upset because they didn't call anything on the play. It was funny, Chels said she was hot anyway. Little Liz left the game early and went the doctor because she probably needs stitches. The doctor said she needs to see a plastic surgeon because he couldn't get her lips to line up correctly. My mom is really upset because her lips are her favorite thing about Liz. Hopefully she'll be OK and won't have some huge scar (even though she loves scars) Way to be so tough Liz-I love you!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Not a fun time. It wasn't fun to see little Linds hurt. I do have to say that you and Chelsea were the first to get up and run over there. I was trying to stay calm, but seeing the tears in Chelsea's eyes didn't help the situation. You forgot to say that she ended up with 5 stitches. First stitches for any of you girls. Hopefully the last!
Love you, Mom

Carson and Natalie said...

I just wanted to tell you guys your blog is SUPER cute, I love seeing all the pics of your family. You guys so are cute! It totally makes me miss softball with all your posts with Lindsey and her games, they are awesome.